Saturday, November 13, 2010

How do you change the language to English on Vista?

I bought a brand new computer in the United States, and the windows is in German! I can't read the thing! I am sitting here with my laptop and a german/english dictionary to even install it. I have changed ALL of the language settings to English and even REMOVED the German, and it is still in German. What should I do?How do you change the language to English on Vista?
You need to install the English version of Vista, or upgrade to Vista Ultimate and install the English language pack.How do you change the language to English on Vista?
I'd take it up with where ever you bought the computer from it sounds like it's their mistake or at least something they would probably help you fix
I would return the computer to where you bought it.



You can not just change the language of Windows. You would have to install the English version of Windows XP or Vista.



I am surprised you could get a German version here in the states.
1. Click the little flag icon in the lower left hand corner.

2. It should be the 3rd from the bottom click Control Panel

3. Then click on the 3rd option on the right side of the two columns, entitled Clock, Language, %26amp; Region.

4. Click the 2nd option of the two, Regional %26amp; Language Options.

5. It should take you to the 1st box at the top, Formats, if not click on the 1st one which is Formats.

5.The current format should be set to English (United States), if not chane it.

6.Once changed to that, click the 3rd little tab at the bottom of that box entitled apply, then click the 1st one entitled ok.

7. After that restart your computer

No comments:

Post a Comment