Sunday, November 14, 2010

How can I change my language from english to german in XP SP2?

I mean I want everything in german, from my computer and My Documents...in vista its easy, but everything stays english in XP, please help, I struggle to read english.How can I change my language from english to german in XP SP2?
In the ';Regional and Language Options'; Control Panel application, change your region to Germany, then also click over to the Advanced tab and change the language for non-unicode programs there to German as well.



HOWEVER, if you want the entire user interface to be in German as well, unfortunately, your only option is to by the German language version of Windows XP or locate a copy of the Multilingual User Interface Pack from Microsoft, but it's not available through retail. Only Volume-License customers.



Hint: The Multilingual User Interface Pack can be found on torrent sites :)How can I change my language from english to german in XP SP2?
Poor you.

German version of XP is your answer. All others are just a substitute and it will not be sufficient for you.



You can call Microsoft (if you live in USA) to get the German version for a fee of course. I do not think they sell Windows in other languages here. It is a special order item. You can check with your local microsoft dealer. Probably they can help you.
  • seeking advice from
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment