Saturday, November 13, 2010

How can I change vista home basic operation system lang. from English to Chinese?

I had a Dell laptop with vista home basic.



I did go to control panel/regeional and language options to change the display language.



I had on problem in typing Chinese, I can view Chinses files that are originally in Chinses, but I could never change to whole operation system language to Chinese.



Is there any way that I can view the start up, the task bar, the control panel and so on in Chinses?



In control panel/regeional and language options/keyboards and languages, I can only change ';keyboards and input languages';, there is nothing in the other option except a help link ';how can I install additional languages?';



I have read the help links, it said I have to download a Language Interface Pack (LIP) to install which I could never find on Microsoft's website.



Then, by random googling, I find a Chinses language pack, which seems to be a Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI).



When I double click the language pack file, it pops out a file named ';lp'; which disappers in 5 sec, then nothing happens.



I assumed the language file I downloaded to be MUI because microsoft says that MUI only works for Vista Ultimate and Vista Enterprise, and the language pack I downloaded doesn't work.



Could somebody please help me?



(I want to give this laptop to my parents who can not read any English at all)How can I change vista home basic operation system lang. from English to Chinese?
It looks like you want to change your system locale and display language.



First, let's change your display language.

';1.Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

3. Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.';



Now, let's change your system locale.

';1. Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

2. Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale), click Change system locale. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Select the language, and then click OK.

To restart your computer, click Restart now.';





And you're done! I hoped this has helped. :)



If you're still having some problems, click on the sources below.
  • premade myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment